RIT Big Shot No. 29 project will be produced February 9, 2014 at 7:00PM.
It will feature the High Falls located in downtown Rochester, New York. The event is being produced in partnership
with the City of Rochester, Nikon, Profoto, CSX Railroad, and RG&E. Big Shot participants will light the High Falls located on the
Genesee River in downtown Rochester using hand-held light sources and using a timed exposure. Typical exposures
last 30 seconds and four attempts will be made to light the falls, gorge and the surrounding structures. The event
is free and open to the public. Complimentary memento prints will be provided courtesy of Nikon to participants who attend.
Be part of something special.
Instructions to participants:
- DATE: Sunday February 9, 2014. There is NO RAIN DATE.
- Assemble on the Pont De Rennes bridge – formerly the Platt Street bridge at 6:45pm
- Dress in WARM clothing
- The event should be over at 7:30pm. Attendees will be outside for the entire event
- Participants must bring a hand held light. It can be a flashlight or electronic flash equipment
- Street Parking is available or in the High Falls garage
- The event is free and open to the public
- Public bathrooms will be available either in or adjacent to the High Falls Visitors Center
- Participants will receive a 8.5 x 11 professional memento print of the final photograph courtesy of Nikon
Questions, please email the project at:
Big Shot is pleased to recognize its strategic partners
Please visit their websites by using the following links
Project testing continues
Sunday December 29th, Big Shot coordinators made site visit to evaluate the height of a train relative to the line of sight of
the Erie Canal aqueduct. The aqueduct, built in 1840 carried the Erie Canal over the Genesee River.
To see a short video from the test follow this link at: